Europe-wide compliance concerning the WEEE Directive
With more than 25 years of expertise in taking back of products and packaging as well as recycling in Germany, Interzero is your strong partner throughout Europe.
Do you place electrical and electronic equipment on the market throughout Europe as producer or importer? Then you might be aware of the complexity of many different regulations and obligations. We can help you to meet the requirements of the Directive 2012/19/EU on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment – in all EU countries as well as Great Britain, Norway and Switzerland. Benefit from our Europe-wide partner network and our know-how.
As a company doing business internationally, you face a set of unique challenges due to the implementation of the WEEE Directive 2012/19/EU and the resulting individual legislations in your respective European sales countries:
- There is no Europe-wide central reporting and registration office for WEEE, the requirements differ from country to country.
- More than 28 relevant legal texts and over 100 different take-back systems do exist in the European countries.
- Only a few laws are available in English, the texts are published in more than 20 different languages.
- The legislation is inconsistent, for example in terms of the definition, which devices are covered by the respective national legislation.
- There is a high risk of unintentional non-compliance and its associated penalties.
- Analysis of your legal obligations on the basis of the respective country-specific legislation.
- Selection of the appropriate take-back system for you in the respective European country based on your company-specific types of equipment.
- Takeover of the application and registration with the specific take-back systems and state authorities as well as the contract management and communication with our foreign system partners.
- Implementation of the legally required quantity reports and further reporting.
- Identification of country-specific measures and implementation of these to maintain your compliance.
Your benefits at a glance:
You only need one Service Provider for the whole EU.
You use our capacities and our expertise.
You meet the requirements of the individual national regulations throughout Europe.
You save a lot of time.
Our expert for
taking back of waste electrical and electronic equipment
Head of Sales